Bookmark this page for all Symposium information!
New Name • New Look • New Venue • New Topics
2019 ACSLPA Symposium
Carriage House Inn, Calgary
Thursday, October 3, Evening – Business Briefs
Friday, October 4, All Day – Professional & Clinical Boot Camp
Rapid-Fire! 3 speakers, 3 topics & Networking! If you are in private practice or thinking about it, don’t miss this evening of information!
Join us on Thursday evening from 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm – $60 pp – includes 1 drink and appetizers
- Business Legal Considerations – Mike Diep
- Business Financials – Mukuka Hellen Mulenga
- Social Media & Marketing – TBD
Professional & Clinical Boot Camp
Friday, October 4 – A day full of six current and relevant topics to mix and match! The schedule should accommodate all interested members to fill the morning and afternoon. Please review the Symposium Agenda below to choose your sessions. Once you know the sessions you would like to attend, go to the online registration form and sign up!
Morning Sessions (8:30 am – noon, unless otherwise specified)
- Clinical Audiology, Pediatric – Susan Scollie, PhD (am only)
- Clinical SLP, Pediatric – Brooke Rea, MClSc,SLP (C) (repeats in pm)
- Minimizing Your Risk – ACSLPA Team et al. (repeats in pm)
- Mentorship & Competence – Glenn Regehr, PhD (8:30 am-10:00 am/repeats in pm)
- Innovative Practice (10:15 am – noon)
Afternoon Sessions (1:15 pm – 4:30 pm, unless otherwise specified)
- Clinical SLP, Adult – Gabriela Constantinescu, MSc-SLP (pm only)
- Clinical SLP, Pediatric – Brooke Rea, MClSc,SLP (C) (repeat from am)
- Minimizing Your Risk – ACSLPA Team et al. (repeat from am)
- Mentorship & Competence – Glenn Regehr, PhD (1:15 pm – 2:45 pm/repeat from am)
- Innovative Practice (3:00 pm – 4:30 pm)
Sessions are 1.5 hours and 3 hours. Some of the afternoon sessions are repeated from the morning to provide numerous options for delegates.
More details will be available in the coming months!
Watch your email, bookmark this page and visit often for updated event information!
2019 One-Day Symposium Fee Schedule
Early Bird (until September 13)
$245 – All day Friday only
$295 – Thursday evening Business Briefs + all day Friday
Regular Fees after September 14 until registration cut-off of September 27
$270 – All day Friday only
$325 – Thursday evening Business Briefs + all day Friday
$125- All day Friday
$185 – Thursday evening Business Briefs + all day Friday
**Full time Speech Language Pathology or Audiology students only**
(SLPA, TA, and other students pay the regular prices quoted above)
Thursday evening session only
$60 – Business Briefs session only