New Name • New Look • New Venue • New Topics
Join us at the 2019 ACSLPA Symposium on October 3 & 4 at the Carriage House Inn, Calgary. The first 50 members to register for the event will get an ‘ACSLPA Swag Bag’ that includes an insulated lunch bag, a mouse pad, small carry-on travel pouch, luggage tag, and more! You asked for change and we have delivered.
We are offering a SYMPOSIUM!
a conference or meeting to discuss a particular subject.
♦ a collection of essays or papers on a particular subject by a number of contributors.
♦ a drinking party or convivial discussion especially as held in ancient Greece after a banquet (and notable as the title of a work by Plato).
We have a new name, a bright look and a fresh format! AND we are offering it all in a celebrated venue in a great location!
Start off by joining us on Thursday evening where we offer 3 speakers, 3 topics and networking all in 2.5 hours!! A must see if you are in private practice or thinking about it!!
Then on Friday we have condensed the Clinical & Professional program into 1 day! The agenda includes six current and relevant topics to mix and match! This schedule is certain to accommodate all members and you will easily fill the morning and afternoon with topics of interest.
Plus, lower fees! Save money and sign up for Thursday and Friday together! Lunch and snacks during breaks are included!
Sign up now! Space is limited. Don’t forget, the first 50 delegates to sign up get that ‘ACSLPA Swag Bag’!
Thursday, October 3, Evening – Business Briefs
Friday, October 4, All Day – Professional & Clinical Boot Camp
Rapid-Fire! 3 speakers, 3 topics & networking! If you are in private practice or thinking about it, don’t miss this evening of information!
Join us on Thursday evening from 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm – $60 pp – includes 1 drink and appetizers
- Business Legal Considerations – Mike Diep, Medical Business Law
- Business Financials – Mukuka Hellen Mulenga, RBC Commercial Services
- Social Media & Marketing – Sarah Kirkpatrick, Jumping Elephant Guru
Professional & Clinical Boot Camp
Friday, October 4 – A day full of six current and relevant topics to mix and match! The schedule should accommodate all interested members to fill the morning and afternoon. Please review the Symposium Agenda below to choose your sessions. Once you know the sessions you would like to attend, go to the online registration form and sign up!
Morning Sessions (8:30 am – noon, unless otherwise specified)
- Clinical Audiology, Pediatric – Susan Scollie, PhD (am only)
- Clinical SLP, Pediatric – Brooke Rea, MClSc,SLP (C) (repeats in pm)
- Minimizing Your Risk – ACSLPA Team et al. (repeats in pm)
- Mentorship & Competence – Glenn Regehr, PhD (8:30 am-10:00 am/repeats in pm)
- Innovative Practice (10:15 am – noon)
Afternoon Sessions (1:15 pm – 4:30 pm, unless otherwise specified)
- Clinical SLP, Adult – Gabriela Constantinescu, MSc-SLP (pm only)
- Clinical SLP, Pediatric – Brooke Rea, MClSc,SLP (C) (repeat from am)
- Minimizing Your Risk – ACSLPA Team et al. (repeat from am)
- Mentorship & Competence – Glenn Regehr, PhD (1:15 pm – 2:45 pm/repeat from am)
- Innovative Practice (3:00 pm – 4:30 pm)
Sessions are 1.5 hours and 3 hours. Some of the afternoon sessions are repeated from the morning to provide numerous options for delegates.
Watch your email, bookmark this page and visit often for updated event information!
2019 One-Day Symposium Fee Schedule
Early Bird (until September 13)
$245 – All day Friday only
$295 – Thursday evening Business Briefs + all day Friday
Regular Fees after September 14 until registration cut-off of September 27
$270 – All day Friday only
$325 – Thursday evening Business Briefs + all day Friday
$125- All day Friday
$185 – Thursday evening Business Briefs + all day Friday
**Full time Speech Language Pathology or Audiology students only**
(SLPA, TA, and other students pay the regular prices quoted above)
Thursday evening session only
$60 – Business Briefs session only
Looking further to the future…
ACSLPA has reserved the Fantasyland Hotel, West Edmonton Mall on Friday, October 2 for the 2020 ACSLPA Symposium!