Professional Development Opportunities
Orofacial Rest Posture Program (ORPP) Screening and Preliminary Intervention 1 Day Course
September 10| $250.00
Course Description: The ORPP Introduction and Screening course is a one-day course aimed at highlighting a key link between orofacial myofunctional disorders [OMDs] and articulation ~ proper oral rest posture. Attendees will learn how to identify this common, yet often unidentified barrier to successful speech articulation treatment and will received personalized materials they can use in their practice the very next day!
Learning Objectives: At the end of this one-day course attendees will be able to:
- Define orofacial myofunctional disorders.
- Recognize the potential impact of dentition on articulation.
- Screen and identify neurotypical children with orofacial myofunctional disorders (OMDs).
- Understand how poor oral rest posture impacts a child’s prognosis for speech articulation therapy.
- Determine appropriate early intervention (including education, referral recommendations and preliminary treatment strategies) to help minimize the impact of the OMDs on both speech articulation and dental development.
Target Audience: School and preschool-based speech language pathologists.