If you decide that you no longer want to practice as a speech-language pathologist or audiologist in Alberta, you should submit a request to resign from ACSLPA. You can do this using the Resignation from ACSLPA Form or by using the online registration system of the College during registration renewal in the Fall.

Once you have resigned from ACSLPA, you can no longer work or volunteer as a speech-language pathologist or audiologist in Alberta or use the protected titles of your profession.

If you want to reapply for registration at a later date, after resigning from ACSLPA, you must then meet all the registration requirements in place at the time you apply, including the requirements for current qualifications. You may also need to successfully complete a written examination and/or some time under supervised practice.