ACSLPA provides resources to promote self-reflection and ethical decision-making in professional practice.
Please note all files below in PDF Format.
Conflict of Interest
Documentation and Record Keeping
- Subcontracted Services – Who Retains Client Files?
- Clinicians on the Go: Considerations for Keeping Client Files Secure
- Confidentiality and Custody Battles – How to Handle Tough Situations
- Professional Boundaries: Working with Family Members
- Hearing Screening – When to Consult an Audiologist
- Ethics and Assessment: Where to Draw the Line?
- The Fine Line Between Screening and Assessment
- Maintaining Competence When Lacking Experience
- Servicing Hearing Aids Purchased through the Internet
Legal and Regulation
- Non-Practicing Status – What Can You Do?
- Quoting Test Examples in Reports – Knowing Where to Draw the Line
Scope of Practice
Working with Support Personnel
- Clinical Supervision of Support Personnel – Who is Responsible?
- Paradigm Shifts in Working with Support Personnel: Use of an Ethical Decision Making Framework
- Private Practice Support Personnel for Hire – What Does an SLP or Aud Do?
- Supervision of Support Personnel in your Absence
- Issues Surrounding Remote Service, Support Personnel & Treatment Delivery
Questions or comments relating to ethical clinical issues may be directed to s l p @ a c s l p a . c a for SLP-related issues
and to a u d i o l o g y @ a c s l p a . c a for audiology-related issues