Typically, someone advertising themselves as a communication specialist or as a speech-language consultant is not registered with the College and is not a speech-language pathologist.  While they may profess to offer services similar to those of a registered SLP, they will not have the required education and skills. Only those individuals who are registered with ACSLPA can use the title of speech-language pathologist or audiologist in Alberta. To ensure you have a fully qualified, competent and regulated SLP/audiologist, please verify the individual is registered with us.