Any person who has a concern about the professional practice of a speech-language pathologist or audiologist is encouraged to first discuss their concern directly with that individual when appropriate. If the two parties are unable to find a mutually satisfactory solution and resolve their difficulties, then the person who has the concern may wish to pursue the matter with the supervisor or employer (if applicable) of the speech-language pathologist or audiologist. If the issue in question is still not resolved in a satisfactory manner or if the issue falls beyond what can reasonably be discussed with registered member, a formal complaint should be made to ACSLPA.