Applicable if you are moving to practice in Alberta from British Columbia (BC), Saskatchewan (SK), Manitoba (MB), Ontario (ON), Quebec (QC), Newfoundland and Labrador (NL), New Brunswick (NB) or Nova Scotia (NS).

You must submit:

  • A completed Registration and Practice Permit Application Form.

  • A letter confirming your current registration in good standing in a fully practicing regulated membership category forwarded directly to ACSLPA from all provincial SLP/Audiology regulatory bodies in Canada in which you hold registration.

    NOTE: Canadian regulated jurisdictions include British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Nova Scotia.

  • Evidence you have the required Professional Liability Insurance.

  • Evidence of your English language proficiency, if required.

  • A satisfactory Police Information Check, or equivalent.

  • The application fee and registration fee.

After we’ve reviewed the required documents, we will notify you by email whether or not your application has been successful. If your application is successful:

  1. We will process the applicable registration fee.
  2. You will receive instructions for downloading and printing your annual practice permit and receipt.
  3. You will receive information and instructions for completion of the jurisprudence education requirements.

Click here to start the application process.