A “complainant” is the person who files a complaint. It is a formal term from the Health Professions Act. A complainant:
- Will be contacted by the Complaints Director to discuss the complaint and the complaints process.
- Will receive correspondence and status updates from the Complaints Director.
- If a complaint is investigated, may likely be interviewed and potentially provide documents.
- If a complaint goes to a hearing, may testify at the hearing.
- If a complaint is dismissed, may request a complaint review.