|The Registration Coordinator manages all registration questions and may be reached at:
Tel: 780-944-1609 or 1-800-537-0589
Email: r e g i s t r a t i o n @ a c s l p a . c a
NOTE: Missing documents will delay the review process.
|After all the necessary documents are received, the Registrar will review your application and will then:
- Approve you for registration and issue an annual practice permit; or
- Approve you for registration and issue an annual practice permit with specific conditions, limits, or restrictions on your practice, or
- Refer your application to the Registration Committee.
|The Registrar will refer your application to the Registration Committee if they:
- Decide that you need further assessment to determine if you meet the registration requirements.
|After the Registration Committee reviews your application, they will do one or more of the following:
- Approve your registration and issue you an annual practice permit.
- Approve your registration, issue you an annual practice permit with specified conditions on practice.
- Defer your application with an interim decision until you successfully complete an examination the Registration Committee specifies.
- Defer your application with an interim decision until you successfully complete any additional training or supervised practice that the Registration Committee specifies.
- Refuse your application.
|You will be notified by email of the Registration Committee’s decision and their reasons. Under section 30(3) of the Health Professions Act, if the Registration Committee refused, delayed, or approved your application with conditions or limitations, you have the right, within 30 days of receiving the notice, to request a review of the decision. You must request your review in writing (email is acceptable), setting out the reasons why your application for registration should be approved with or without conditions, and then send it to the Registrar. The Registrar will convene a sub-committee of ACSLPA Council, who will review your application. You will be notified within 30 days, of the place, date and time that the review will happen, and of any applicable fees for the review. Following the review, a written decision will be provided to you regarding the appeal committee’s decision.
|NOTE: Registration applications expire six months after the date we receive the application form. If we receive documents to support the application, but not the application form itself within 6 months from receipt of the first document, we will close the application and destroy the documents.
|In the interests of privacy, ACSLPA staff will only discuss the specifics of an application or registration with the individual applicant or member, unless written permission has been granted to allow disclosure of information to a third party.