When choosing a platform, you might want to think about:
- Speed/bandwidth – choose a platform that has sufficient speed and bandwidth to prevent pixelating and audio degradation (and have a plan for when it happens during a session).
- User-friendliness of the platform – choose a platform that is easy for your clients to use as well as yourself.
- The ability to allow multiple hosts if you are hosting and working with others who also host.
- The ability to connect with and link together numerous clients at a time (if providing group services). This is also important for supervision of support personnel.
- The ability to share your screen.
- The ability to take control of your client’s mouse in order to guide them through activities.