May is Speech & Hearing Month in Canada!
ACSLPA members this is how YOU get involved in ‘Speech & Hearing’!
Each year, the month of May is dedicated to raising public awareness about Speech and Hearing. ACSLPA has created resources for members to use when promoting their professions and supporting clients. The Organization of Alberta Students in Speech (OASIS) will be promoting Speech & Hearing Month in booths across cities in the west during May Month. ACSLPA has provided OASIS with swag, tattoos and our new information sheets to assist with their promotion.
ACSLPA Speech & Hearing Month Contest!
Would you like to win one of two $50 Amazon Gift Cards? You could be one of the lucky winners if you can find the ACLSPA staff in a crowd! Deadline for submission is midnight, May 31. (Available May 1)
- Open image here. You may want to download and print in order to circle the faces.
- Go to the ‘Contact Us‘ page so you know who to look for.
- Search the image and circle the faces of the College staff as you find them – all 8 of us are in the image, you may need to look for a while!
- Take a photo or scan the image with your results.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject line: ‘SHM – Finding ACSLPA Staff’
- Winners will be announced on June 3 – watch your email if you entered and got it right!
- Stay up to date by following us on Facebook or bookmark this page!
Speech and Hearing Month is a great time to start thinking about a regulated member who has demonstrated outstanding achievements in their profession and nominate them for an ACSLPA Award! More information and nomination here.
Using Your Protected Professional Designation the Right Way
Watch your mailbox! Yes, we said mailbox . . . As part of Speech and Hearing Month, we are providing members with a condensed pocket guide of the September 2018 Advisory Statement Using Your Protected Professional Designation the Right Way. If you continue to have questions about title use and credentials after reading this document, please contact the ACSLPA office.
New Resources created by ACSLPA
- This year we have created resources and activities to get children and younger clients involved.
- Connect the Dots and solve the riddle.
- Looking inside your head and neck and/or Looking inside you ear – a great way to teach older children the anatomy of the head, neck and ears.
- Check out the FAQs developed for the public about ‘How do you know your SLP or audiologist is qualified ‘.
- ACSLPA has reworked all of our information sheets and created a few new ones. Visit Information Sheets to download.
Other exciting stuff happening:
- Don’t forget to check out what’s available thru SAC.
- Last but not least – watch your inbox for the launch of ACSLPA’s new website!
Resources from past years’ are still available, follow the links.
- Download the SLP and Audiology postcards to help the public understand some of the services the professions can offer.
- Download word search puzzles to use with clients:
- Download and create your own Speech & Hearing Month tattoo.