To apply for registration and a practice permit, please complete and submit the online application form to ACSLPA.
- Registration is mandatory. As a speech-language pathologist or audiologist, you must register with ACSLPA before working/volunteering and using these professional titles in Alberta.
- Please start the registration process early so that ACSLPA has sufficient time to process your application before your employment or volunteer start date. ACSLPA will notify you by email and/or telephone if more information is needed.
- We will only begin to review your application after ACSLPA has received all the required documents. If you are requesting information from a university, association or college, you must ask that they send the information directly to the ACSLPA office. We will not process incomplete applications.
- There is a $220.00 application fee when you apply for registration. The application fee is non-refundable, even if your application for registration is denied, withdrawn, or incomplete.
- Please note that some documents must be submitted to ACSLPA in hard copy form.
- Electronic documents (e.g. transcripts, credential assessments, police information check/vulnerable sector checks) from post-secondary, recognized assessment agencies and police services that can be accessed or verified by secure login site will be accepted as original documents. Please make sure that digital signatures or reference numbers on police information checks/vulnerable sector checks are clearly visible when scanned or emailed to the College. Otherwise, we require the original documents.
- ACSLPA will only issue a practice permit after you complete all requirements for registration, and you can only work/volunteer as a speech-language pathologist or audiologist in Alberta if your application for registration is successful.
- Please note that applications will not be processed without Professional Liability Insurance (PLI).
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the ACSLPA office at 1-800-537-0589 or 780-944-1609.
Click on the ‘APPLY HERE’ button below to start the process.