Completing the jurisprudence modules ensures that SLPs and audiologists:
- demonstrate knowledge of Alberta specific legislation and practice standards, which enhances their core professional competency; and
- have sufficient knowledge to provide safe, ethical, and competent care to their clients.
Learning Path Instructions
Course participants need to review the course material from each module and complete one quiz.
Please use Text-to-Speech (TTS) reading tools to support your learning as needed.
This course has six modules:
- Regulation of Healthcare Professions in Alberta
- Professional Practice Requirements
- Therapeutic Relationships, Trauma Informed Service Delivery, and Professional Communication
- Professional Conduct, Complaints, and Capacity
- Sexual Abuse and Sexual Misconduct
Work through the material at your own pace and take the final exam once you feel you are adequately prepared. The College recommends that the modules be reviewed in sequential order.
Participants may work through the modules independently or in groups, but the test must be taken independently.